Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Fabulous Scallop Recipe!



Ok I have been hounded by my facebook friends for the recipe here it is. Simple, quick and tasty, ENJOY!

2 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. oil (I use olive oil)
4 tsp. lime juice
1/4 tsp. grated lime peel
1/2 lb. bay, calico or sea scallops (I think we had about 14 large scallops)
Lime wedges for serving

Combine honey, oil, lime juice, lime peel. Pat scallops dry with paper towel and add to marinade.
Marinate, stirring occasionally, from 1 hour up to 24 hours. Preheat broiler. Arrange scallops and marinade in single layer in a glass baking dish. I used foil on the bottom.

Broil 4 inches from source of heat 4 to 7 minutes, depending on size of
scallops or until opaque throughout and lightly browned on top. Serve with lime wedges and if desired, and or hot crusty French bread to soak up the juices. Makes 2 servings. Recipe can be doubled, tripled, etc.

We used basmati rice and green beans any veggie would work well on the side.

4 comments:

Contemporary Captures said...

These look fantastic!

Ribbons and Pigtails said...

Those look lovely. I am going to try them out this weekend, and I will let you know how they turn out.

Thanks Beth :)

Beth Spiroff said...

Yes please do!! :)

Trouwbottom said...

I've been looking for a Scallop recipe! I can't wait to try!